Saturday, December 31, 2011

I have finally arrived!!

For anyone who hasn't heard yet (and even for those who have already heard) Lily McArthur Burns (that's me below, aged roughly 1 hour) has officially been born. Yes, I'm a 2011 baby and my parents couldn't be happier or more proud.

My mummy did an incredible job. She was contracting and everything was great but then the doctors told her that my heart-rate was dropping every time she had a contraction and they didn't know why (it later turned out that I had my cord wrapped around my neck). They tried getting mummy into different positions to remedy the problem but with no luck. It got to the point that they were worried about my health and so suggested a C-Section was the way to go. Everything happened so fast and the medical team were fantastic and I was born at 2.11am on Dec 30th, weighing in at a healthy 7lbs 3oz!

I would like to thank everyone at the University of Washington Medical Center Labor and Delivery unit who worked on getting me out. You were all so incredible in keeping me and my mummy healthy and safe.

I would also like to thank my mummy for being so brave and so great during the whole thing. You are a wonderful mum and I already love you so so much (and that is after just one day!)

There will be many more pictures to come, I am sure, but for now I will say goodbye and go and get some rest. After all, it has been pretty tough going over the last few days so I'm looking forward to getting some sleep!

Thank you all for your lovely messages, my parents and I appreciate them and love you all very much.

Goodnight and sweet dreams,
The Littlest Burns,
Aka, Lily. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment